Information for our patients
Regular dental appointments are more important than many people realize. Evidence has shown a correlation between the bacteria in your mouth and many health risks. Current research has linked poor oral health to diverse problems such as heart disease, pre-term births, and strokes. Our well trained, experienced dental hygienists take pride in providing gentle, thorough care. Your first appointment, and every subsequent visit, is more than just a cleaning. We will work with you to choose treatments that will restore and maintain all aspects of your oral well-being. Your appointment may include:
- Review of medical history (please inform us of any and all changes. Also, please bring a list of current medications and those you have been on for the previous 2-3 months.
- Radiographs as necessary (x-rays)
- Intra-oral photos
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum (periodontal) disease probing
- Evaluation of the bite
- Assessment of existing fillings or crowns
- Examination for evidence of new damage
- Removal of plaque, tartar, and surface stains
- Floss and polish of teeth
- Personal oral hygiene instruction
- Cleaning and evaluation of dental appliances as necessary
- Fluoride or other medicament
- Testing for levels of bacteria with Carifree Products
- Discussion of cosmetic options
- Treatment planning for present and future dental needs
- Endodontic (Root Canal) Therapy (PDF Download)
- Complete Dentures (PDF Download)
- Oral Surgery Post Operative Instructions (PDF Download)
- Post Anesthesia (PDF Download)
- Temporary Crowns & Bridges (PDF Download)
- Use & Care of Occlusal Bite Splint (PDF Download)
- Dental Implant Pre- and Post-Operative Instructions (PDF Download)
- Statement of Privacy Practices (read only) (PDF Download)
Insurance and Financial
Dental insurance is most often a contract between your employer and a dental insurance company. Benefits received are based on the terms of the contract negotiated between your employer and the dental insurance company, and not your dental office. Our Liberty Hill office will do everything possible to help you understand and make the most of your insurance benefits. As a courtesy, our office will complete and submit your insurance forms to achieve the maximum reimbursement to which you are allowed. Please remember that you are ultimately responsible for all expenses incurred. We urge you to read the policy so that you are fully aware of coverage and any limitations of the benefits provided.
We Provide Options
Financial constraints should never prohibit regular dental care. We work with our patients on financial arrangements to make sure your treatment plan works within your budget. Our front office staff members are familiar with available options and will carefully discuss which of them may be appropriate for your situation.
Payment in Full
We accept payment by cash, personal check, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, American Express or Care Credit at the time of service.
Bookkeeping Savings Plan
A five percent discount is offered for prepayments made in full. You must make the payment prior to the first treatment visit with cash or personal check. Insurance benefits will then be paid to you.
Insurance Assignment of Benefits
At Liberty Hill Dental, we will help you maximize the benefits of any insurance plan you may have. We do require your deductible and co-insurance at the time of service, and we accept assignment of benefits on most insurance plans that allow you to choose your dentist.
Financing is available for qualified applicants: CareCredit. Visit CareCredit’s website or call 1-800-365-8295 for more information on eligibility and terms.
When you have a dental emergency, call our office immediately. During office hours, we will fit you in right away. For after-hours emergencies, our main line will provide information on how to reach Dr. Gillespie.
Call us at (512) 515-0171 with any questions or to schedule an appointment with Liberty Hill Dental.